- Useful Portable Applications
- Backup Registry Before Too Late
- GeForce 7800 GS OC Reviews
- Ways To Hide Files On Your Computer
- USB PC Repair System Toolkit
- XP Hidden Trick(Bug)
- Download this SEO for Dummies
- Choosing The Best File Recovery Solution
- The Benefits of a Flat Panel Monitor
- Tweak Your Xp - Fast Shutdown
- CPU Overclocking Guide
- Speed Up/Optimize Torrent Client
- Graphic Cards Tweaking Tools
- MOST wanted Tweaking-Optimizing Tools
- FREE GIFT to all....free Ebook to Download
- Latest AutoPatcher XP S2 Full + Update
- MEMORY Overclocking Guide
- 5 Causes Decrease PC Performance
- Tweaking & Optimizing Firefox
- Firefox extensions - Tweak Network Settings
- Software Reviews- PC Adrenalin
- Xp tweak - Startup Faster
- Easy Steps to Speed Up Your Computer - Without Upg...
- Free Ways to InCrease Your Web Site Traffic
- Software Optimizer for PC...every PC must have THE...
- ▼ May (25)
Sunday, May 6, 2007
DO you know what is exactly Portable Application ? As far as i know, Portable application is a software programs that have the following features :-
1) Small application in term of size.
2) Do not require any kind of installation on a computer( Click on the application & it just run )
3) Because of small size, it can be stored on USB pendrive & can be use on multiple computers.
So, what i can say is, no matter where you are you can always carry a portable application since it's so small.Just bring along your pendrive/usb drive.
Here's the list of portable applications that i feel important to be downloaded :-
1) ClamWin 0.90 released - ClamWin antivirus
2) Mozilla Firefox 126.96.36.199 released - My favourite browser. Just in case you're using your friend's computer that do not have Firefox installed.(Most of my friend still using IE)
3) GIMP 2.2.13 released - This software actually built for Linux OS, but now it also support windows version, including Windows Vista.Used for image & photo editor(just like Photoshop).
4) Foxit PDF reader - Very fast loading, better than adobe reader if you are using just for reading PDF format, noe editing.
5) VLC player - An easy to use media player that can play almost any format of audio & video.
6) XAMPP - Useful for webmaster. It contains Apache, mysql, php, PhpMyAdmin and more integrated packaged.
7) GAIM - All-in-one instant messenger client(AOL,YM, MSN,....), easy-to-use interface.
8) 7-Zip - File archiver and compressor. Nice.
Actually,there a lot more that i can't list here. For a complete list of available portable application you can visit :-
All Windows stores its configuration information in a database called the registry. The registry is the central storage for all computer configuration data.
Although the registry appears to be in one file, it is actually placed on your computer in several files. Depending on your system configuration, registry files can be found in any of the following locations:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\ on Windows 2000, XP.
C:\Windows\System32\Config\ on Windows 2000, XP.
C:\Windows\ on Windows 95, 98, ME.
C:\Windows\Profiles\ on Windows 95, 98, ME.
How To Back Up Windows Registry ?
In windows NT, 2000 and XP not possible to back up registry files while the operating system is running. Registry files remain fully locked all the time while Windows is running, But hereYou can use an integrated Windows XP's System Restore feature for registry backup.
But using registry editor (regedit.exe) you can to export partial or complete copies of the registry, while the Windows is up, and the exported files can then be backed up with any other traditional file backup utility. You can follow these simple steps to back up the whole registry or any particular registry subkey:
Click Start button and then type Regedit in Run option.
Locate and then click the root subkey that contains all the child subkeys and values that you want to back up.
On the File menu, click Export.
In the Save box, you can select the location where you want to save the Registration Entries (.reg) file, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
The exported registry file is about 10-50 MB in size on a typical Windows NT/2000/XP installation.
The Importance of Backup
If you are new computer user first you should learn about the importance and need of back up. Because without backup yon can lose your data any time due to any virus, power failure and hard disk problem. This has happened to many people. In extreme cases, it has put companies out of business. Computers are becoming more and more reliable. This creates a false sense of security - we begin to think all our data are safe and secure and will never go away. It's not true - and never will be. If you don't back up your computer system regularly. Backups are really a necessity, and you are responsible for making backups of your files.